There is a very solid reason for Blackjack being the most popular Casino game and this is because it is relatively simple to play. There is always a house edge, but you will have relatively good odds if you stick to our simple rules.
Knowing when to hit, stand, split and double down your hand will cut the house edge by half. Following our Blackjack Strategy will not guarantee you a win but will certainly get you on your way to beating the dealer time and again.
Although it's easy to become good at Blackjack very quickly – don't get carried away and stick to the basics.
- Check the dealer's up card – The Dealers up card will make a huge difference on your choices.
- Don't sit in the first base seat – it is a good idea to give yourself plenty of time to check your hand against the dealers up card. So sit further down the table.
- Start Small – always work out how the dealer is playing and once you have worked this out you can adjust your game.
- It is just you against the Dealer – stay focused on the game and not what the other players on the table are doing, you are playing alone against the dealer.
- Don't get burned – always know what your limit is, set a cap on what you can lose and no limit on what you can win.
- If you're on a losing streak, move on – Numerous surveys over the years have found that 75 percent of players in a casino will be winning at some point, but only 4 percent go home a winner.
Blackjack ‘Hit' and ‘Stand' Guide
Below is a simply Blackjack ‘Hit' and ‘Stand' guide, you can print this out and keep it by your computer if you're playing blackjack online or even playing at the casinos. It's shows the correct play for every type of hand you might encounter when playing Blackjack.
I also have other guides to playing Blackjack, why not try our ‘Card Counting‘ guide and also my free guide to the basics of good Blackjack play. If you want to play Blackjack but don't feel ready to take on the real casinos then give my free Blackjack game a go! You'll find it further down this page.