Think you’re a know-it-all when it comes to football? Want to add a little extra spice into this week’s Premier League? Then why not have a go at the ‘Last Man Standing’ competition?
The rules are simple and the competition is tough. All you have to do is select one team to win from each weekend’s Premier League Fixtures.
If they win you’re through to the next round and you progress to the next week. Lose or draw and you’re out. And the Last Man Standing wins whatever prize pool you’ve set up.
The catch? You cannot pick the same team to win more than once during the tournament. So you’re going to have to get more creative than picking Liverpool to win every week.
But even the teams fighting it out at the bottom pick up wins throughout the season. You just have to pick the right one!
You can set up your own Last Man Standing competition in a number of different ways. The first way is to do it manually. Set up a spreadsheet, enter all the games, and collate all the results.
This is probably the most time-consuming method. A far easier way is to use a free competition template that you can find on Google.
There are also websites that allow you to signup and organise your own. It allows players to chose their teams via smartphones and with the added benefit that you don’t need to log each selection and result manually.
Doing Your Own Last Man Standing
When completing your own last man standing, you can adapt the rules slightly. They can be rules such as:
- Everyone is allowed one draw. If the team someone pick draws they go through to the next week. This only happens once though and a second draw means they’re out.
- Players can buy back in. It’s the same price as the original buy-in and the overall price increases.
- If there are players still in when all the teams have been used, you can allow them to pick the same team again or choose a new league.
- If you’re running it for a charity or fundraiser, you can give half to the charity and half to the winner.
- If at the end of the fixtures there are two or three people left, they can decide to split the money or keep going until one winner.
Last man standing’s are great fun and a fantastic way to make the season that bit more exciting!