Hey there, snooker fans! You know, there’s just something magical about this game that has captured the hearts of people worldwide. Sure, we’ve all had a blast playing it at the local pub with our buddies, throwing back a few cold ones and sharing a laugh or two. But let me tell you, watching professional snooker is an entirely different ball game (pun intended)!
These pros have been honing their skills for years, leaving our friendly neighbourhood snooker champs in the dust. And what’s snooker without a little friendly wager, right? Betting on snooker has been around as long as the game itself, and nowadays, it’s never been easier to join in on the fun with tons of online bookmakers at your fingertips.
MR PLAY OFFER
BET £10 - GET £15
So, let’s dive into the exciting world of snooker betting, shall we?
Types of Snooker Bets
Outright Betting This is the go-to for most bettors, mainly because it’s super simple. You’re just placing a bet on who you think will win the entire tournament. Pro tip: place your bet before the tournament starts for the best odds. Keep in mind, though, snooker can be unpredictable, so there’s always risk involved.
Frame Betting If you’re into more focused, short-term results, frame betting might be your jam. The number of frames played depends on the tournament, but you can bet on under/over frame numbers.
Handicap Betting Sometimes, bookmakers will set up a handicap if they think one player has a much higher chance of winning than the other. Be extra cautious with these and do your research before placing a bet!
Highest Break Betting Option Fancy a side bet? This one’s all about who’ll score the highest break between two opponents. Keep in mind that side bets won’t affect any other bets you’ve placed on the same game.
In-Play Bets These bets are placed while the game is in progress, with odds changing as the match unfolds. Frame betting is one of the most popular bets in play.
So now that you’re equipped with this knowledge, you’re all set to take the plunge into the world of snooker betting! But the big question remains: which tournaments should you put your money on? Stay tuned, and we’ll explore that together!
Major Snooker Tournaments
In the world of snooker, there are several prestigious tournaments that draw in top players and eager bettors alike. Here’s a list of some of the biggest snooker events you should consider when placing your bets:
- World Snooker Championship: This is the ultimate snooker event, held annually at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, England. As the most prestigious and sought-after title in the sport, it’s a prime betting opportunity with a wide range of markets and options.
- UK Championship: Another major snooker tournament, the UK Championship showcases top players and offers numerous betting opportunities. It typically takes place in late November and early December.
- Masters: The Masters is an invitation-only event featuring the top 16 players in the world rankings. Since it brings together the cream of the crop, it’s a great tournament to bet on, with high-quality matchups and nail-biting finishes.
- China Open: As one of the largest snooker events in Asia, the China Open attracts significant attention from both fans and bettors. With its growing prominence, this tournament can provide some exciting betting prospects.
- Players Championship: Featuring the top 16 players from the one-year ranking list, the Players Championship is another event worth considering for your snooker bets. It’s an excellent chance to see how the players perform under pressure as they vie for a spot in the prestigious Masters event.
- Welsh Open: Part of the Home Nations Series, the Welsh Open is an annual event that offers a solid range of betting markets. Top players often participate, making it an interesting tournament to watch and bet on.
Of course, there are many more snooker events throughout the year, but these are some of the most prominent and popular ones to bet on. Remember to do your research, keep an eye on the players’ performance and form, and, most importantly, have fun while betting responsibly. Good luck!
2023 World Snooker Championship Odds
The 2023 World Snooker Championship is set to be an exciting tournament, with many of the top players in the world vying for the title. Currently, Ronnie O’Sullivan is one of the favourites to win the championship. He has won five world titles and is widely considered to be one of the greatest players in snooker history. Other contenders include Judd Trump, Mark Selby and Neil Robertson.
Ronnie O’Sullivan 4/1
Judd Trump 11/2
Mark Selby 6/1
Neil Robertson 15/2
Shaun Murphy 9/1
Mark Allen 14/1
Kyren Wilson 14/1
These are just some of the players vying for the title in 2023, and as we get closer to the tournament, more names may be added to this list. It is shaping up to be an exciting tournament, with some of the biggest names in snooker competing for the top prize. Be sure to keep checking this page for updates on the tournament and all other snooker news. Who will you be cheering on?