There is a very good reason that Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games. It is one of the easiest games to play. There is always a house edge, but you will have relatively good odds if you stick to our simple rules.
Knowing when to hit, stand, split and double down your hand will cut the house edge by half. Following our Blackjack strategy will not guarantee you a win but will certainly provide a good insight into the game. And hopefully, you play a lot better with it.
Although it’s easy to become good at Blackjack very quickly – don’t get carried away and stick to the basics.
- Check the dealer’s up card – The Dealers up card will make a huge difference to your choices.
- Don’t sit in the first base seat – It is a good idea to give yourself plenty of time to check your hand against the dealers up card. So sit further down the table.
- Start Small – Always work out how the dealer is playing and once you have worked this out you can adjust your game.
- It is just you against the Dealer – Stay focused on the game and not what the other players on the table are doing. You are only playing against the dealer.
- Don’t get burned – Always know what your limit is. Set a cap on what you can lose and no limit on what you can win.
- If you’re on a losing streak, move on – Numerous surveys over the years have found that 75 percent of players in a casino will be winning at some point, but only 4 percent go home a winner.
Blackjack ‘Hit’ and ‘Stand’ Guide
Below is a simple Blackjack ‘Hit’ and ‘Stand’ guide. You can print this out and keep it by your computer if you’re playing blackjack online or even playing at the casinos.
It shows the correct play for every type of hand you might encounter when playing Blackjack.
If you want to play Blackjack but don’t feel ready to take on the real casinos then give my free Blackjack game a go! You’ll find it further down this page.
The Game Hunter Guide to Blackjack
Blackjack – Doubling Down
Five Top Tips
Free Blackjack Game
Below is the perfect free game to get you ready for the real deal. It is a simulation that allows you to play against the dealer without having to risk any of your own money.
Play a few hands and use the guide above to get started.
Blackjack Basics Instructional Video
The video below is a few years old but Blackjack doesn’t change so it’s still very relevant today. It’s so popular that over 2.7 million people have watched it. Steve Bourie is the author of the American Casino Guide. Here, he interviews Michael “Wizard of Odds” Shackleford about blackjack.
Mike answers some of the most common questions that players have about the game. Plus he gives tips on how players can choose the best games, use the proper strategies and take advantage of the casino comping system.
If you would like to start playing Blackjack for real, there are plenty of reputable and trustworthy online casinos with great tables. Check out Paddy Power Casino for a great new customer welcome offer today.